MAY 11, 2020
Dear Potter’s Ranch friends & families,
Our prayers are with you all during this time and yes we have had to make some adjustments to abide by Covid-19 restrictions, going through challenges like a lot of families and businesses have, all while looking ahead knowing God is in control and this too shall pass. Although extremely limited and few, we continue to serve families with lodging and carry out meals and with the latest easing of restrictions on Church gatherings and small groups being allowed we will be able to do a lot of our activities and ministry programs once again.
We understand that for some families they are not ready to get back to even small group activities or eating out and the beautiful thing about a free society is you have every right to stay home if that is what you want and our prayers for everyone’s safety and happiness will be all you need from us until you are ready. For those individuals & families who have already reached out to us, eager to get back to enjoying our activities and programs again, we are very excited to share some of the things that are planned for this year that we know you will like.
A lot of this being outside of our hands to decide, due to the timeline laid out by Kentucky, it looks like we are on track for all of our Kids Quest programs coming up to proceed. We are just as ready and eager as you are, so be sure to contact the office for any changes or to confirm your paperwork. We will also be implementing a variety of measures to make our programs safer, cleaner and better for everyone joining us this year. One of those new temporary health measures, before we get back to completely normal, will be a separate wellness station that check’s temperatures of all staff and participants, preventing anyone with a temperature to come on property. Once checked and approved then proceed to the lodge to await the fun filled day to begin.
Something new to help families that have been impacted by school’s going online is a new Kids Quest Academy program. Similar to our Dyslexia program this Academy will be part learning & outdoor adventures but only 1 week at a time. Subjects that will be covered are Math, Reading, Writing, History, Art, Science & Robotics. Like a lot of our programs we like to break down our groups into smaller sizes for maximum attention, so obviously a good fit for Covid-19 guidelines and health standards.
Here are some other fun things coming later this year:
- Birthday Parties: What better way to celebrate than to have your special day here at Potter’s Ranch where there are plenty of fun activities to choose from, all in the privacy of our 640 acre back yard.
- Golf Outing: Due to the Covid-19 we have been forced to postpone our Golf Outing to August 22nd, be sure to get your group of 4 ready to have a fun day and the chance to win one of our custom Potters Cup trophies.
- Family Retreat: You won’t want to miss our Family Retreat happening September 4-7th on Labor Day weekend, space will be limited so be sure to sign up your family now for an amazing time! Also happening that same weekend on September 5th will be our 5K Family Fun Run that will be part of the Family Retreat, or for anyone wanting to come JUST for the 5K we will be raising funds to honor our Police, Firefighters, and Veterans with our Horses for Heroes program.
- Round Up: Our signature FUNdraiser event, Round Up, is happening October 3rd and sure to be another great evening out. Lastly rounding out our FUNdraisers is our Turkey Shoot on November 14th that is designed for all ages with the addition of a paintball shooting gallery.
- Women’s Retreat: We have also moved back our Women’s Retreat to October 16-18, this weekend has a great line-up of speakers and a lot of fun activities to do with your friends or to make new ones.
- Family Ranch Adventures: Something we are designing for families that want to vacation without going out of state is our Family Ranch Adventures where you can spend a night or weekend with activities and multiple meal options, including something new with "Food Packages" that you can take and cook on the fire yourself. Taking advantage of any one of our lodging options or maybe try our new lodging additions like Creekside Cabin, a Deluxe Tipi, or a Conestoga Wagon. Simply let us know you are interested in a Family Ranch Adventure when submitting the availability form and we will help create the ideal Vacation for your family.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you soon!